How to judge whether the brake pads are good or bad
- By:Trade Armenian
In the braking system of a car, the brake pads are the most critical safety parts. The brake pads play a decisive role in the quality of all braking effects, so good brake pads are the protectors of people and cars. Once the car brake system breaks down, it means that there are potential safety hazards for drivers anytime and anywhere. How to judge whether the brake pads are good or bad:
(1) When the thickness of the brake pad is less than the minimum maintenance standard allowed by the vehicle manufacturer (generally when the thickness remains 1/3 of the original);
(2) When the wear alarm switch on the brake pad has alarmed;
(3) The brake pad is most afraid of oil, if it is contaminated by oil or grease, it must be replaced;
(4) When the brake pads make abnormal noise during braking;
(5) Under normal circumstances, if the thickness difference between the two sides of the brake pads on the fixed brake caliper reaches 1.5mm, and the thickness difference between the two sides of the brake pad on the floating brake caliper reaches 3.0mm, it needs to be replaced.